- Before registering, make sure you are using a browser that has a qualified electronic signature certificate installed . In case you have a qualified certificate for electronic signature on the card or USB stick, it is necessary to have a smart card inserted in the reader or a smart usb stick.
- On the first page of VEP.si you click on “Free registration” .
- A security warning appears asking if you trust the security certificate and if you want to continue. Confirm with “YES” .
- If you have not already installed the signature component , the computer will tell you: “The digital signature component is not installed. You need it to use and register the Safe Electronic Mailbox. Do you want to install it? ”Confirm with“ OK. ”
- A data entry form appears , which you fill out and then click Next. You can choose between registering a natural person or registering as an entity entered in the PRS (lawyers, sp…). The registration procedure differs depending on whether it is a registration of a natural person or a registration of a business entity :
REGISTRATION OF A NATURAL PERSON
We recommend that you enter a notification email address.
BUSINESS ENTITY REGISTRATION
When entering entities entered in the business register, a menu will appear where you select your company, other data will be filled in automatically.
We recommend that you enter a notification email address. If you would like to issue eInvoices via the VEP.si portal, it is mandatory to tick “I want to issue eInvoices” and enter the transaction account number or IBAN.
6. In the next step, specify the address that you will use for the secure email business and specify your password .
Note: The password must be at least 6 characters long, contain uppercase and lowercase letters, and at least one number.
7. Click ‘ Prepare Contract.’ A contract is created, which you review by clicking on it. If a pop-up window appears below the toolbar with a warning that the browser has blocked file transfers for security reasons, right-click to select “Download file” and then click on “Contract VEP.si ……… pdf” again.
8. A novelty on VEP.si is the signature without the addition of a signature component, and work with a component that is independent of browsers. In case you want to register and receive and send messages and eInvoices without a signature component, it is necessary to check the box “Signature on the server (without a signature component)” .
Note: To set up a signature without a signature component, you must have an exported backup of the certificate on your computer.
If you select a signature on a server without a signature component , a new window will open in which you can upload the certificate to the server step by step :
- Enter the password you specified when exporting the certificate (backup password)
- Find the certificate on your computer by clicking the “Upload Certificate” button
- In the event that the backup password is not secure enough, it will be necessary to reset the password, which will also apply to signing emails in the Vep.si secure mailbox.
- Save the downloaded certificate and the specific signing password on the server by clicking the “Save” button.
Note: The password must contain at least 6 characters (combination of numbers, lowercase and uppercase letters).
9. After reviewing the contract, indicate that you agree with the terms (“I agree with the terms of the contract”) and sign it by clicking on the button “Submit application and e-sign the contract” .
During the registration process, you received an electronically signed copy of the contract. If the contract was electronically signed by the natural person who handed it over or by the legal representative of the legal entity, you do not need to send a written copy. If you still want your written copy of the contract, or if the contract was not signed by the legal representative of the legal entity, send us two printed and signed copies to our address Vrtna ulica 22, 1000 Ljubljana and one copy, also signed by us, we will return by mail .
If you are going to use the electronic signature certificate in a browser and not on a card, it needs to be installed .
The installation process depends on which electronic signature certificate you are using.
Click on your certificate and the link will take you to detailed instructions.
2. SIGOV-CA (installed on cards only)
Security Warning: We recommend that you pick up a qualified electronic signature certificate that is on a smart card or smart USB key.
!! During the registration process, you received an electronically signed copy of the contract. If the contract was electronically signed by the natural person who handed it over or by the legal representative of the legal entity, you do not need to send a written copy. If you still want your written copy of the contract, or if the contract was not signed by the legal representative of the legal entity, send us two printed and signed copies to our address Vrtna ulica 22, 1000 Ljubljana and one copy, also signed by us, we will return by mail . !!